NITECORE I8 BATTERY CHARGER
The Nitecore i8 battery charger – Intellicharger is an eight-slot charger designed to accommodate both lithium-ion/IMR and NiMH/Ni-Cd batteries, allowing for simultaneous and independent charging.
Each charging slot can deliver varying levels of power output:
- When charging two batteries, each slot can provide a maximum output of up to 1500 mA.
- With four batteries in the slots, the maximum output per slot is reduced to 1000 mA.
- When all eight slots are in use, each can deliver a maximum output of 500 mA.
The charger features active current distribution technology, which automatically allocates power based on the needs of the batteries being charged. For instance, if one battery is nearly fully charged, the i8 will redirect some of its current to charge other batteries. It also manages current distribution when using the USB output, allowing up to four batteries to charge simultaneously through the USB output. If more than four batteries are connected, the i8 will prioritize charging the batteries first.
Additionally, the charger includes a battery activation feature that can revive over-discharged lithium-ion batteries, a capability not found in all chargers. It’s important to note that over-discharged unprotected batteries cannot be charged, as they may pose a fire or explosion risk due to the lack of a protection circuit.
During the charging process, a red LED above each slot indicates that charging is in progress. When charging is complete, the LED changes to green, and the charger automatically stops charging. There’s also built-in overtime protection, which monitors the elapsed charging time for each slot. If any slot exceeds 20 hours of charging, the i8 will halt charging, and the green power indicators will signal the completion of the charging process.
Eight independent charging bays
Detects battery capacity and selects appropriate charging mode
Fast charging with maximum output up to 1500 mA
Automatically stops charging when complete
Over discharged protected battery activation
Overcharging timeout protection
Reverse polarity protection and short circuit prevention
Designed for optimal heat dissipation
USB output for charging external devices
IMR / Li-ion: 26650, 22650, 18650, 18350, 18490, 18500, 17670, 17500, 14500, 10440, 16340 (RCR123)
Ni-MH / Ni-Cd: AA, AAA, AAAA, C
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
1 x NiteCore NEW i8 Intellicharger
1 x Power Lead & Manual
- Only use this charger for Lithium-ion/IMR or NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Attempting to charge any other types of batteries can result in leakage, rupture, or explosion.
- Do not dismantle, alter, or try to use the charger as a power supply.
- Prior to performing any maintenance or cleaning, make sure to disconnect the charger from the power outlet.
- This charger should only be operated by individuals with sufficient training and knowledge.