Viewed through the lens of smoking, it’s evident that E-CIG devices have proven to be a boon for individuals, and some argue, for the environment as well. The well-known hazards of smoking, notably its association with lung cancer and various other diseases, have prompted many to seek healthier alternatives. Vaping, considered a viable substitute, has become a positive option for those looking to break free from the grip of what is acknowledged as the primary contributor to global lung cancer cases.
However, the appeal of vaping extends beyond smokers. Nicotine-free variants of vape e-liquids provide an avenue for individuals interested in vaping for social reasons or simply to enjoy delightful flavours without the risk of nicotine addiction. For those grappling with a sweet tooth or struggling to resist delectable treats, the availability of sweet vape flavours and dessert counterparts offers a way to satiate cravings without the added burden of excess calorie intake. While it may not precisely replicate the experience, it proves helpful for those determined to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Moreover, vape devices diverge from traditional cigarettes by offering a range of options, unlike the standardized format of cigarettes. The diversity in types of vape devices caters to various preferences and needs, presenting individuals with choices that can enhance their overall vaping experience. Having these options not only promotes personalization but also contributes to a more dynamic and accommodating vaping landscape.
FORMS OF VAPING STYLES
All types of E-CIG devices fall under two groups:
Mouth-to-Lung (MTL) E-CIG Devices:
- The inhalation style is similar to regular cigarettes, drawing vapour into the mouth before inhaling it into the lungs.
- Provides a feel of the vape flavour with each draw before exhaling.
- Designed for regular vaping, producing smaller clouds and pairing well with regular e-liquids.
- Suited for nicotine users and non-nicotine users seeking a more subdued experience.
- Includes vape pens, pod kits, and disposable vapes.
Direct-to-Lung (DTL) E-CIG Devices:
- Involves inhaling vapour directly into the lungs without holding it in the mouth.
- Characterized by larger amounts of vapour and may take time to get accustomed to.
- Recommended for seasoned vapers due to stronger hits and a generally harsher experience.
- Typically sub-ohm devices (mods and pod mods), work with higher VG vs PG sub-ohm e-liquids.
Types of Vape Devices:
- Resemble regular cigarettes with a glowing end.
- First-generation vape devices but reduced in popularity.
- Limited satisfaction and effectiveness compared to other types.
- Almost obsolete in some countries.
2. Vape Pens:
- Resemble ballpoint pens in design but larger.
- Stylish aesthetics and practical substitutes for tobacco cigarettes.
- Suitable for both smokers and non-nicotine users.
- MTL devices, accommodating all types of e-liquids.
- Refillable tanks, replaceable coils, and cost-effective.
3. Vape Mods:
- Advanced personal vaporizers, powerful and customizable.
- Refillable tanks, interchangeable parts, and replaceable coils.
- DTL devices are designed for sub-ohming, offering more features.
- Greater control over vaping experience.
- Extended battery life, durability, and higher cost compared to vape pens.
4. Pod Systems:
- Compact E-CIG devices with closed or open pod kits.
- Closed pod kits are not refillable, while open pod kits allow refilling.
- Portable and suitable for both nicotine salts and freebase e-liquids.
- Introduction of pod mods, smaller-sized DTL vape pod kits acting as mods.
5. Disposable Vapes:
- Ready-to-vape devices with no setup or learning curve.
- Once pre-filled e-liquid is depleted, the device is disposed of.
- Offers convenience but may not be eco-friendly or cost-effective.
- Available in a variety of vape flavours.
Understanding these vaping styles and device types helps users make informed choices based on their preferences and experience levels.